Don't Say "I Do" Until You Ask These Money Questions
Hey hey Money Stylists. How have you all been doing. I want to give you some food not just for thought, but questions that you should not be afraid to ask your future partner well in advance before you say, I Do.
These questions are in no particular order of importance and are also not a definitive list.
- Have you ever gone bankrupt in the past and how did this happen?
- Have you ever checked your credit score and if so, what has been your highest and lowest scores?
- How do you plan your financial future?
- Are you a risk taker when it comes to your money?
- What types of invetment plans do you currently have?
I know that these may seem like very intrusive questions and yes they are. Please DO NOT ask such questions on your first date as I cannot promise you that you'll be having a second date.
These questions are ones to ask once you have been dating for some time and have gotten to know each other.
However, there is absolutely nothing wrong with you pointing out that you plan on asking your ideal future spouse questions about money.
It 'll make for a very good conversational topic.
Ok, so let's move on to the next set of questions.
- How many credit cards do you have and what are the balances on each of them?
- Do you have any outstanding loans including student loans?
- If you found yourself in a financial pothole, would you consider seeking help from a professional?
- Have you ever held a joint bank account with an ex, friend or family and if so, how well was it managed by all parties?
- Do you get angry or violent when loved ones tell you that you are being frivolous with your money
I particularly love the question on joint bank accounts. What's yours?
As a bonus and in line with what I teach about money, I have one more crucial question which I'd suggest you MUST ask, even if you don't ask any of the forementioned ones.
- Do you consider yourself financially literate?
I hope that you enjoyed the post today. If you want to know a little bit more about who I am, look for the name on the banner or face below on Facebook or click here.
See you soon. Much love.